We just love this delicious recipe from FoodNetwork.com! If you want to impress everyone with your dessert skills this labor day, try making the Whoopie Pie!
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup natural cocoa powder, such as Hershey's or Scharffen Berger
- 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoons fine salt
- 18 large marshmallows, (not minis)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking sheet.
- Heat unsweetened and semisweet chocolates and butter in a medium microwave-safe bowl until soft.
- Stir and microwave some more until completely melted.
- Whisk sugar, eggs and vanilla into the chocolate mix.
- Sift cocoa, flour, baking powder and salt into an additional bowl.
- Gradually whisk the wet ingredients in with the dry ingredients then switch to a rubber spatula to finish folding everything together. Do not over mix!
- Then drop a fairly large tablespoon of batter onto your prepared pan and repeat! This should make about 36 cookies. Be sure to space leave about one inch in between each cookie.
- Bake for about six minutes!
- Now it's time to let the cookies cool a little bit.
- Put half of the cookies onto a rack.
- Take the remaining cookies and turn them over on the pan so that they are facing flat side up.
- Place a marshmallow on top of the flipped cookie and put the pan back in the oven.
- Cook for only a few minutes.
- Let the marshmellow cookies cool for a couple minutes.
- Place the top of the remaining cookies onto the marshmellow (making a sandwich).
These cookies will be a delicious hit at your Labor Day weekend party!